Through the course of the year, IMMAFA will hold Officials courses to build the refereeing and judging skill base in Australia.
Already, we have run two official courses, the first hosted by Marc Goddard and Alistair Pettitt. Marc Goddard is one of the worlds most renowned mixed martial arts referees. In recent years Marc has refereed UFC world title fights and is an IMMAF Technical Committee Member. Alistair Pettitt is a Championships and Event Manager at IMMAF. Take a look at the interviews with Marc Goddard below.
Details and Registration:
Generally, these courses will be advertised and run biannually however, if your area would like a course run, please contact us. We can run C Grade Accredited Courses locally.
- C Grade – must be able to provide evidence of refereeing a minimum of 150 amateur fights over a 2 year period
- B Grade – must be able to provide evidence of refereeing a 250 fights over a 3 year period of which 50 have to be professional bouts.
- A Grade – upon review of a current A class official, must provide evidence of refereeing a minimum of 400 bouts over a 5 year period.
- C Grade – Minimum of 2 years judging within national federation and passing the IMMAF exam
- B Grade – Must be able to provide evidence of judging a minimum of 100 AM fights over a 2 year period
- A Grade – Must be able to provide evidence of judging 250 bouts over a 4 year period with 50 being professional bouts.
Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a notepad and pen, there will be both coursework and practical activity.
To participate in our courses, you will need to register for My Next Match as this site tracks the global accreditation, please follow the link. IMMAFA My Next Match Registration
Participants will need to navigate to mynextmatch, Click on Events, to register and pay for sanctioned IMMAFA training activity.
Any questions relating to the Course or Sign on process, please contact us below.